Not all zirconia is created equal. Yes, zirconia can be chemically similar, but once processed, the mechanical and optical characteristics can be significantly different. Which can mean a significant difference in the final restoration for your patients. 3M has over 25 years of zirconia research and technology. Over the past five years, we have conducted numerous in vitro and in vivostudies around the world showing an excellent performance of Lava restorations in:
- Fit is often superior to metal utilizing the standard PFM rounded chamfer preparation.
- Crowns and bridges require less tooth reduction.
- Crowns blend and match so well that it is already the restoration of choice for single-unit anterior tooth replacements. The laboratory has complete control over the desired translucency ranging from very translucent to masking dark preparations.
- Lava’s strength is not dependant on bonding. Lava™ can be conventionally cemented or bonded.
- Significantly more aesthetic than PFM’s and translucency equivalent to natural teeth.
- Anterior / Posterior bridges up to 6 units (40mm)
- Three, five, and seven-year clinical studies involving posterior 3—4 unit bridges that show zero failure.